Effective Date: 13th February 2018
The Experience Accelerator Sarl (“we” or “The Experience Accelerator”) is the company that controls the processing of your personal data on this website.
The Experience Accelerator respects your right to privacy and data protection and will always use personal information in a fair and trustworthy manner. We operate our website in accordance with applicable laws and with generally accepted principles governing data protection.
2. Personal Data we may collect, use and process
2.1. When you visit https://theexperienceaccelerator.com, the following data will automatically be collected and stored on our servers:
2.1.1. the name of your Internet Service Provider,
2.1.2. your IP address,
2.1.3. the browser you use,
2.1.4. the operating system on the device used to access our website,
2.1.5. the website that you were using to reach us,
2.1.6. the websites that you visit while you are with us,
2.1.7. any search terms you have been using to find our website,
2.1.8. information on actions taken on our website,
2.1.9. language preferences,
2.1.10. physical location,
2.1.11. dates and times of website visits.
With the exception of the IP address, these are not personal information, but may allow conclusions to be drawn about visitors to the website. We use these data for system administration, security, backup, technical support and for statistical purposes.
2.2. We will collect, store and process the following kinds of personal information when you voluntarily provide us with them:
• contact information (name, postal address, email address, phone number);
• user name and password to access the Experience Accelerator services online;
• your account number;
• payment information (such as payment card or bank account number, card expiry date, delivery address and billing address); and
• content you provide (for example, photos or videos).
3. How we use personal data
Before we collect personal information from you, we will inform you how it will be used. We will use, store and process your personal information only for legitimate purposes. If you do not have an account with us, these may include:
• providing you with information you have requested; and
• helping you to use our website; and
• using demographic data in anonymized fashion to generate research reports
We will not use or process your personal information for any purpose that you have not agreed to in your declaration of consent [or through your actions on our website (e.g. by opening an account, registering for product information, placing an order and providing customer details)].
If you open an account and/or purchase goods or services from us, we will use and process your personal information to the extent necessary to:
• create and manage your account;
• manage your orders and invoices, and
• offer and provide coaching services to you;
• communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, surveys, events, programs, webinars, service information, newsletters, promotions and other offers;
• enable you to see content on our website (such as training materials and videos);
• respond to your enquiries and requests;
• register and provide support for services purchased by you;
• process claims we receive in connection with our services;
• operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; analysing our products; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing, billing reconciliation and collection activities and other internal functions);
• perform data analysis and processing (including market and consumer research, trend analysis, financial analysis, anonymisation, encryption and tokenisation of personal information);
• protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
• comply with and enforce legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
We may use third party web analytics services on this Site, including Google Analytics. The providers of these services use technologies including cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyse how visitors use website. The information we collect in this way is disclosed to the service providers, who use the information to evaluate use of the Site. [To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.]
If we wish to use your personal information in other ways we will first obtain your consent.
4. Online Tracking
With your consent, we may collect information about your activities on our website, for use in providing you with advertising about products and services tailored to your individual interests.
[We use Google Display Advertising (such as Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting) to (1) show you our ads on other websites based on your prior visits to our Site, and (2) better understand our ad impressions and use of ad services. In connection with the Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting service, we may use data from Google’s interest-based advertising or third-party audience data (such as age, gender and interests) with Google Analytics to understand and improve our marketing campaigns and Site content.]
Some of our online advertising takes place through Google Display Advertising. As part of this program, we use Google Analytics features such as Retargeting. In connection with that feature and others offered by ad networks, we and the operators of ad networks, including Google, may use third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) – and in some cases first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) – to inform, optimize and serve ads across the Internet based on a user’s past visits to our Site.
5. Sharing of Personal Information
We do not sell or otherwise disclose or share personal information we collect and hold about you, except as described here.
To the extent that you have provided consent and as permitted by applicable law we may share your personal information with:
• Service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. We do not authorise these service providers to use or disclose any personal information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf and/or to comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include businesses that create the avatars used within the Site, university professors conducting research, process credit card payments, fulfill orders, and provide web hosting, training, event and marketing services. If we need to disclose your personal information to any other third parties we will do so only if we first have your consent. The only exception to the above is where we are required to disclose your personal information to law enforcement authorities based, when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, and/or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or other illegal activity.
We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you if we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party.
6. Data Transfers
Services providers and contractors who need access to your personal information to provide services on our behalf are required to keep that information in confidence, provide adequate security measures, and to refrain from using the information for any other purpose.
7. Your Right to Access and Correction
You have the right to (i) access personal information we hold about you and obtain a copy of that information, (ii) update or correct inaccuracies in that information, (iii) object to our use of your personal information, (iv) request deletion of your personal data from our database and (v) request that we return your personal information to you or to a third party named by you. To exercise these rights, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to personal information.
8. Links To Other Websites
Our Site may provide links to websites operated by third parties. We are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices of websites operated by third parties.
10. How To Contact Us
User preferences, themes, and other settings
Recording and analyzing user behavior